To the greater community, Gables is a leader in real estate, service, and sustainability. To our employees, Gables provides an opportunity to channel their passion and skills, collaborate with talented peers, and make Gables a place where people want to work. Our company supports health, both inside and outside the workplace, and includes compensation packages, benefit programs, and other unique offerings. Below is a sampling of the programs we offer.
We offer a variety of health care plans, including prescription and vision benefits, for associates and their families to choose from. We also offer a choice in dental plans that cover preventative care, standard treatments, and orthodontia.
In addition to medical and dental care, we offer the following benefits:
- Vision Only Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
- Free Life insurance
- Supplemental Associate, Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Free Short and Long-Term Disability
- Free Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Associate and Family Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Personal and Family Counseling
Health & Wellness
- Gables' Fit4Funds program promotes wellness through events and incentives
- Year-round recreational activities and events to support a healthy lifestyle
- An annual health fair that encourages flu shots, bio-screenings, weight management tips, and nutrition guidelines
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Additional vacation days to reward associate tenure
- 401(k) with company match
- Associate Assistance Plan
- Educational Reimbursement
- Forever Great Scholarship Program for Associates and Children
- Family Leave Program
- Rental Housing Allowances
- Sunshine Fund (employee financial assistance program)
- Associate recognition and awards
- Associate Discount Program for health clubs, cell phones, car rentals and more
- Gables Day annual community service event
- Sabbatical (after 10 years of employment)
Gables Sabbatical Program
Gables encourages full development of the talents of its associates and is committed to rewarding associates for long-term tenure. Our Sabbatical program encourages associates to improve their quality of life through education, contributions to the community, travel, family time, or other valuable life experiences.
Associates who have reached 10 years of service are eligible for a fully paid six-week leave of absence. Additional sabbaticals are granted to associates every five years after their last sabbatical was taken. Gables associates find the sabbatical a great goal to work towards and is an important reason for our associates loyalty and tenure. Since 2000, over 300 associates have taken a sabbatical. Of those, 60 have earned a second sabbatical and several have taken three!
Gables Sunshine Fund
Gables’ Sunshine Fund exists to provide financial assistance to associates in need and is funded through voluntary contributions by fellow associates. The Sunshine Fund provides assistance for associates in crises such as: destruction of a principal residence, a critical medical expense not covered by insurance, or other expenses due to tragedy.
Gables Forever Great Scholarship
Gables believes that education is an important component of self-improvement and has always encouraged and supported associates who choose to embark upon additional learning. The Forever Great Scholarship Program is available to all associates and associates' children. The scholarships are awarded as one-time grants each July and may be used for part-time or full-time students seeking continuing education, undergraduate degrees or vocational degree programs. Recipients are determined on the basis of academic and/or employment achievements, extracurricular activities and community service.